In order to be eligible to have PMP certification you must meet certain requirements for training and professional experience:
- Possess a certificate of completion of high school, associate's degree or its equivalent (international)
- Have the 60-month professional experience in project management for 8 years, 7,500 hours of that time should be used for management and maintenance of projects tasks
- Pass the course (35 hours) of a formal project management training
Alternatively, you can:
- Possess a bachelor's degree or its equivalent (international)
- Have 36 months of professional experience in project management for 8 years, 4,500 hours of which you have to spend in the administration and management of project tasks
- Pass the course (35 hours) of a formal project management training, received from an approved provider
Register online PMI
If all requirements are met, and you're ready to take the exam with the help of the simulator exam at inpmi.com, then you need to fill out the online application PMI. If you are a member of PMI - you can use your login and password. If not - you need to select the «New User» and sign up. You can become a member of PMI, paying a membership fee, then you will get a discount on the exam.
If you are a member of PMI, you must wait until you receive a login, password and ID, before completing the application form. It is advisable to wait even 2-3 days after that in order to be sure that your data is already in the database of PMI for discounts on the exam.
Filling in the application for the PMP exam
When applying for the PMP exam you might find records of hours you worked on each of the five process groups of project management. This information must be included in the application form.
You are not required to fill out an application entirely in one session - it is possible to save it and come back to it later, using the sign in with your username and password. The application will be sent to PMI only after you have completely filled it.
Confirmation of registration for the PMP exam
Within a few days after sending the application you will receive an email confirming your right to take the PMP exam and see more information on the schedule of the examination. However, one of the ten nominations, randomly selected will be audited. What to do in case this happens to you? You can read more here.